[OSM-talk] coastline error checker

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 20:50:25 BST 2010

On Sat, 2010-06-05 at 20:30 +0100, Chris Hill wrote:
> Carsten Gerlach wrote:
> > Am Samstag 05. Juni 2010 11:15:16 schrieb Jon Burgess:
> >
> >> Can you provide a map link to the exact area you modified?
> >>

> > Some weeks ago I fixed this coastline
> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/?way=12193534 but is only in zoom level 14 right
> > rendered, all other levels show the old version...
> >
> It just needed to be forced to rerender. Zoom 16 & 17 look better around
> Plymouth now.
> Cheers, Chris

Unfortunately the code which does the automatic tile invalidation does
not work correctly for the coastline because it has no way to know when
the shapefiles are going to be updated and which tiles they effect. The
tiles either need to be marked manually or you have to wait until
another edit in the area triggers them to render again.

	Jon