[OSM-talk] Custom rendering of a small map

Igor Brejc igor.brejc at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 19:18:48 BST 2010

On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Gervase Markham <gerv-gmane at gerv.net> wrote:

> But, not wanting to knock the hard work of you or others, even before I
> looked at making style changes, it seemed fairly clear that the text
> rendering wasn't nearly as nice as Mapnik's.

I know about text rendering problems on Linux. This is a problem with Mono's
implementation of .NET drawing engine. I'll try to improve things in the
future.

Anyway, once the SVG export is done, this will no longer be relevant, since
you'll have a vector image which doesn't depend on any Mono or other stuff
(and also you'll be able to fix any rendering problems manually).

And don't let the command-line tex tbox confuse you, you can still use a
mouse ;)

Igor