[OSM-talk] Mapping the spill

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 05:05:29 BST 2010

Thanks :)
That what I was looking for, CNN & facebook grumbling, and news papers
are not able to properly digest it.

Good thing that oil floats. And its great to hear that the volume is
finally being contained with less 'uncontrolable flow'.

Like a water main leak, 'duck tape' doesnt help, as there is no
'cut-off' valve.
Like my volcano example earlier, its like trying to stop a lava flow
(which cannot be stopped). It can only be 'redirected' to follow the
path of least resistance. Mother nature built the containment shell,
which got broken as soon as the well was initially dug.

Anyway, happy that people are mapping it :)

Cheers,
Sam

--
Twitter: @Acrosscanada