[OSM-talk] WolframAlpha uses OpenStreetMap data

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Wed Jun 16 20:42:18 BST 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Frank Sautter
<openstreetmap at sautter.com> wrote:
> WolframAlpha uses OpenStreetMap data
> http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=Berlin

Nice catch.  That's super.

> Is the license attribution they are using OK?

It looks good to me. Different from what we recommend for what is
predominantly a map, but their page is not predominantly a map.
ccbysa allows appropriate attribution with similar prominence:

"Such credit may be implemented in any reasonable manner; provided,
however, that in the case of a Derivative Work or Collective Work, at
a minimum such credit will appear where any other comparable
authorship credit appears and in a manner at least as prominent as
such other comparable authorship credit. "

I'm thrilled to see OSM on Wolfram Alpha.