[OSM-talk] Big sponsors (was: WolframAlpha uses OpenStreetMap data)

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Fri Jun 18 03:50:47 BST 2010

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 10:31 PM, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:

> I think we can do better

Well then, feel free.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 10:32 PM, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:

> On Jun 17, 2010, at 8:27 PM, Anthony wrote:
> > I'd expect the company sending all that feedback at us to provide some
> manpower, at least
>
> temporarily, to at least sort through the feedback and issue responses to
> the simple ones.
>
> But the problem is all that manpower and resources would be seen as a
> 'takeover'. Perhaps rightly.

The company wouldn't be doing anything that anyone else can't do.  Anyone
can set up an email address to take feedback on OSM, respond to that
feedback, create accounts to make edits, etc.

> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 9:58 PM, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:
> > lets say you were a very large firm and you wanted to scale OSM to that
> level, how would you do it?
> >
> > Gradually.
>
> Yeah that's Fredericks point: we're already growing. I say: grow faster!

I've found it to be not particularly useful to tell other people how fast
they should do something, at least people who you're not paying to do
something for you.  But your mileage may vary.