[OSM-talk] Big sponsors

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Jun 18 08:23:52 BST 2010

Hi,

Anthony wrote:
> Certainly better than go to http://osm.uservoice.com/ , click on "sign
> up", click on "signup", pick a username, pick a password, type a query,
> hit search, hit "create new idea", hit "suggest it", and maybe receive a
> response one day (I guess I should confirm my email?).

Any platform where you have to sign up first is a PITA. It is bad enough
already that you have to sign up for OSM (compare to Wikipedia). I know
we have to do it from our side, but from the user experience side it is
shite.

Having said that, it may be better to put up a feedback channel with
arbitrary hurdles (like having to sign up), and then easing them one by
one later, than opening the floodgates full tilt on day one and see what
happens ;-)

Bye
Frederik