[OSM-talk] Asian fonts with Mapnik

Lennard ldp at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 18 09:38:20 BST 2010

> arphic/uming.ttc copied to OSM/Mapnik as suggested in
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mapnik#Troubleshooting.

I have updated that aspect of the wiki page. However, I notice you already
had 'unifont Medium' in your fontset as well.

Do you see your fonts using:
ls `python -c "import mapnik;print mapnik.fontscollectionpath"`

And you can use this to print out the list of font face names that you can
use in the stylesheet:

python -c "from mapnik import FontEngine as e;print
'\n'.join(e.instance().face_names())"

> I use Ubuntu 9.10. The osm.xml font section is attached below

What are those fontset sections doing in your osm.xml? Are you using an
old version of the stylesheet?

--
Lennard