[OSM-talk] Stack Overflow-like site for geographic information systems

Stephen Hope slhope at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 04:06:07 BST 2010

On 23 June 2010 02:44, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:
> I think it would be rather bad of us to try and take it over and use it
> for our own ends like that.
>
> Some of us have already been talking about setting up an OSM specific
> Q&A site like this which would be a much better fit than trying to use
> something that is intended to be more general.

Somebody is already trying.
http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/7486/openstreetmap

I note that one question asked about that proposal is if it shouldn't
be merged with the general GIS one.

No matter what we end up doing, it probably wouldn't hurt for some of
us to keep an eye on the GIS area if it get going, just so we can
answer any questions related to OSM that come up.  I do think we
shouldn't take it over, but that doesn't mean we can't participate.

Stephen