[OSM-talk] Tagging for street danger levels

Stephen Hope slhope at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 04:25:55 BST 2010

On 23 June 2010 00:14, Paul Houle <paul at ontology2.com> wrote:

>    I'd like to see some tagging that tells cyclists not to ride on
> sidewalks,  for instance:  as a pedestrian I've been involved in
> accidents where cyclists were ~illegally~ riding on a sidewalk and

Surely that is just highway=foot, bicycle = no?  Or are you talking
about sidewalks that are implied, not actually mapped?

Either way, make sure you only use it where it is actually the case.
Where I live, it is entirely legal to ride on any footpath unless it
is specifically signed otherwise (rare), or there is "a parallel
dedicated bike path" (even rarer). You may think that people shouldn't
ride on the paths, but we don't map opinions.

Stephen