[OSM-talk] Changed highway=*_link meaning?!

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Jun 23 13:17:58 BST 2010

Ed,

Ed Avis wrote:
> Having a wiki is great but the 'anyone can edit' model is not good for pages
> that are meant to be authoritative,

Luckily we don't have authoritative pages in OSM.

> So maybe the current somewhat chaotic situation is the best we can hope for.

Yes, the solution is encouraging people to use brains as well as other
sources of information, where applicable. Everyone must understand that
there is no authority in OSM and no authoritative tag guideline - but if
you communicate with your peers in mapping then you'll get things done.

Instead of trying to create authoritative wiki pages, we must make it
clear to everyone that these pages are *not* authoritative.

Bye
Frederik