[OSM-talk] How is it that a way is deleted but doesn't show up for undeletion? (horribly screwed up area in northern Pennsylvania)

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 10:59:28 BST 2010

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=41.73928&lon=-79.88822&zoom=15&layers=B000FTF

All around here there are missing ways. I can't tell exactly what
happened, but edits such as
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/3128411 and
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/3125973 (done at about
the same time) seem to have majorly screwed up the area. That's bad
enough, but if I go to edit and hit U to undelete, I can't find any of
these ways. I guess it's possible that they were never imported in the
first place, but...

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=41.64047&lon=-76.87988&zoom=17&layers=B000FTF

Here it's clearer what happened - botched dupe node deletion:
At least we've stopped that crap, but the scars remain.