[OSM-talk] Upcoming OSM Server Maintenance

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Sat Jun 26 06:47:42 BST 2010

Hi Martin,

The upgrade is to expand the DB storage RAID-10 array from 10x SAS
disks to 16x SAS disks.
We will be adding a 4 bay external JBOD exclosure with 4x ST3450857SS
(450GB, 15K, SAS).

On the 15th June we attempted to background extend our array from 10x
disks to 12x disks. Storage Manager allowed us to apply the extend
settings, but the controller immediately failed and dropped the
logical device. Support have now told us this extend is unsupported.

So this time we are performing a complete array rebuild and reload.
Likely along with a postgresql 8.3 -> 8.4 and Ubuntu Hardy -> Lucid
upgrade, but this is still to be finalised.

Regards
 Grant