[OSM-talk] New List: osm-professional

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 23:20:20 GMT 2010

Based on some feedback I've received from people inside and outside
the OSM community, I've created a new list: osm-professional:

This list will be for discussions of OpenStreetMap in work. The
initial area I see this useful in is governments looking to contribute
data to OSM, but I've already been contacted by commercial interests
looking at consuming OSM data, and so this list will be a good
cleaninghouse for discussions on those issues.

It'll also be a bit less free-form than this list. osm-professional
will be semi-moderated and while talk can get a bit rowdy sometimes,
the new list will be a bit more controlled.

If you're looking at using, or contributing to OSM in a professional
context, please consider joining this new list.

- Serge