[OSM-talk] Mapnik in Illustrator - how to export a map - help needed

Andrew Harris andrew at woowoowoo.com
Mon Mar 8 22:43:08 GMT 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 11:55 PM,  <talk-request at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
> We need help to make the conference map of ?rhus. The graphic designer of
> the newspaper, which to be able to edit the map in Illustrator. We are a
> couple of Danish guys, who tried, but the pdf/svg export function on OSM,
> seems to make a weird map when open in Illustrator.

Weird is a pretty broad description - when I export from OSM to pdf or
postscript, I do get some minor broken bits, but it's not dramatic - a
little work in illustrator would sort it out. Then again, if you're
talking about a very large area, I guess lots of little problems =
lots of work.

Have you tried the excellent http://maposmatic.org/ ? I just rendered
this map of Århus http://maposmatic.org/jobs/11282 and I think it
looks pretty damn cool! ;-)