[OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (amenity=ice_cream)

Giacomo Boschi gwilbor at email.it
Wed Mar 10 09:31:54 GMT 2010

Greg Troxel ha scritto:

 > amenity=fast_food has a lot of baggage.  In the US, that means
 > factory-produced not-really-food of mediocre quality that is fast and
 > consistent.  A family ice cream shop is definitely not fast food even if
 > they can serve ice cream rapidly.

It seems one of those cases where everyone has his own definition...
according to the wiki, fast food has a different meaning. Maybe if the
community agrees on the definition of the already existing map features
wouldn't be so hard to develop the new ones.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dfast_food

If I read this page, I find that the simplest way of tagging an
ice-cream shop is the cuisine tag associated with an amenity like fast
food or cafe, according to circumstances.

--
Giacomo Boschi
http://gwilbor.wordpress.com/