[OSM-talk] [OSM-dev] Student Project Ideas?

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 16:21:18 GMT 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 08:52, Graham Jones
<grahamjones139 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Please give this a bit of thought, and add any ideas to the Wiki page!   If
> you don't have chance to do that, an email to me will do and I will add it.

Here's my idea:

Can we please not make things like "Develop a Simple, Stand-Alone
Editor for New Users" part of the GSOC list.

I've seen numerous failed and dead-on-arrival GSOC projects with
various projects that usually turned out that way because
inexperienced students were being handed projects that were too
ambitious and even if they were finished saw decay because nobody else
was interested in maintaining them.

I think it would be most useful to have students contribute to
existing projects that need help such as JOSM, Potlatch, the rails
port or something similar.