[OSM-talk] First drop in planet size ?

hbogner hbogner at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 16:29:10 GMT 2010

Nic Roets wrote:
> (since we got rid of the segments)
>
> From 8.2 GB to 8.1 GB:
> http://planet.openstreetmap.org/
Maybe something is wrong with it.
I don't know if anybody has the same problem but I can't manage to
complete an extract with osmosis. I'm doing the same thing as everytime
and it doesn't work. I tried downloading it again, nothing, another
version of osmosis, nothing, another version of .poly, nothing.
At the moment I'm waiting for it to extract from bz2 and try again,
maybe it's just bz2 ...

error:
SEVERE: Thread for task 1-read-xml failed
org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.OsmosisRuntimeException: Unable to parse
xml file /dev/stdin.  publicId=(null), systemId=(null),
lineNumber=529642199, columnNumber=27.

osmosis:
bzip2 -d -c planet-100310.osm.bz2 | osmosis/bin/osmosis --read-xml
/dev/stdin --bounding-polygon clipIncompleteEntities="true"
file="croatia50km.poly" --write-xml file=- | bzip2 -c >
20100310-croatia50km.osm.bz2