[OSM-talk] Getting 403-Forbidden from my app that WAS on sale on the appstore

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Mar 16 08:29:19 GMT 2010

On 16/03/10 01:45, Grant Slater wrote:
> what is your app's user-agent?

It's (and yes this is really what it sends) "True%20Maps" and I blocked
it yesterday because I believed it was responsible for the massive spike
in map api calls over the last few days.

Specifically about 25% of Saturday's map calls came from it, which then
increased to 60% on Sunday. At the point when I blocked it yesterday it
was responsible for 36% of the calls so far on Monday.

> On 16 March 2010 01:40, IgnacioZ<zignacio at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I´m getting 403-forbidden from my application "True Offline Maps" that
>> WAS on sale on the IPhone appstore. I had to remove my app from the
>> appstore because of this.
>>
>> Could someone please tell me why I am getting (and everyone else using
>> my app) this error?
>>
>> I haven't seen any politic on the use of the API so I assume what I
>> was doing was right (downloading data for offline usage on the
>> IPhone). In fact I've mentioned my application in a previous post
>> here...

The api map call is for editors, not for downloading data for large
numbers of end users to use for routing etc.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/