[OSM-talk] What do you wish you'd known?

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 09:02:01 GMT 2010

On 20 March 2010 18:50, Tirkon <tirkon33 at yahoo.de> wrote:
> The most annoying thing, I wish I had known before is, that editors
> destroy things without any warning, but you do not have the chance, to
> take notice of that fact.
>
> I.e. potlatch destroys the correct order of the ways in a route
> relation, i.e. if you divide a way into two parts. And you do not have

Relations in general are poorly handled at this point in time, and
because they can't easily be shown graphically people don't deal with
them as well as they should until it's too late and they've been told
of the consequence of their action.

Also as best as I can tell, JOSM handles ordering properly as long as
all members of the relation are loaded.