[OSM-talk] Using OSM Maps on a Nokia Phone without online updates?

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 26 05:55:14 GMT 2010

I think you are right.  The map data is stored in a jar file - it can be a
different one to the program though.
There seem to be two classes of mobile OSM applications - some are like this
with static map data.  Others use live data, which means you need a network
connection to use it.
A mixture of the two would be good - it downlods data to a cache when a
network is available, and uses the cache when it is not.
Does anyone know of an application that works this way?

Graham

Graham Jones
(from my phone)