[OSM-talk] [Talk-GB] Announce: OpenOS

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 15:36:43 GMT 2010

On 27 March 2010 16:17, Sam Vekemans <acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com> wrote:
> But actually we already have a Dev.osm server API that people use for
> samples, this maybe could be called OpenImportMap.org?

The purpose of dev is a little different, people test new tools there
and do that often by adding nonsensical data or deleting a random
piece.  For your clearinghouse you want something where data doesn't
disappear for no reason.

I also have some huge datasets that I'd like to put somewhere with API
access that isn't the main database, one is an import ongoing for two
years already, the other is a dataset I vectorised but can't use it in
OSM because I'm only allowed non-commercial use right now but which
would still be useful to people doing non-commercial applications.

Cheers