[OSM-talk] [Talk-br] Wikimapa what is it?

Arlindo Pereira openstreetmap at arlindopereira.com
Sun Mar 28 23:02:31 BST 2010

Yeah, I've tried to "sell" OSM for them, but they didn't care, they've
written a project as a NGO, got a lot of money, and hired a programmer to do
a poor Google Maps mashup. Claudomiro even flew from São Paulo to Rio de
Janeiro to have a meeting with them, but they didn't cared much. Maybe we'll
have more luck as a foundation chapter, I don't know.

They, however, give me the permission to copy the POIs they've managed to
get with N95 cellphones (the tracks are useless IMHO), that's how I came up
with this Cidade de Deus (City of God) map: http://osm.org/go/OVcZ0uwG

Cheers