[OSM-talk] [Talk-br] Wikimapa what is it?

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 04:14:38 BST 2010

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 23:45, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> by the way: there is also similar (?) projects going on in Europe.
> Have you heard about youmap?
> http://www.youmap.eu/
>
> I wrote to them proposing OSM instead of G-maps.

This map is mapping exactly the sort of thing that would spawn a
100-reply thread on osm-talk from the old guard saying we shouldn't be
mapping things like that[1].

Either we're going to have to be more open to projects like that or
accept that they won't use OSM or contribute to it.

Personally I don't care what data you put in the DB as long as you're
maintaining it and it doesn't disrupt anything else unreasonably.

1. a cursory glance at their data reveals that they're mapping things
that aren't "on the ground".