[OSM-talk] Boundary relation with >5000 members?

Igor Brejc igor.brejc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 13:05:21 BST 2010

Hi,

I've complained a few times about the messy state of how we map boundaries
(my rant was about UK's). Anyway, in my humble view the types of boundaries
mentioned in this discussion should be clearly separated (and tagged
distinctively):
1. land borders - should only be used when the border runs on the land
(rivers included) (on both sides)
2. sea borders - should only be used when the border runs on the sea (on
both sides)
3. coastal borders - basically identical to coastlines. But I'm not really
sure they are needed in most parts of the world, since the usual case is
that country's regions extend their authority over the adjoining territorial
sea.

Regards,
Igor