[OSM-talk] setting up PostGIS, importing data

Torsten Mohr tmohr at s.netic.de
Mon Mar 29 18:44:28 BST 2010

Hello,

i freshly installed the latest database and raw SQL queries work.  Thank you
all for the hints that i got here.

I imported the data in WGS84, not Mercator.  I started osm2pgsql like this:

osm2pgsql -s -l planet_file.tar.bz2

I wonder, all the python scripts for mapnik don't draw any data any more that
are coming from PostgreSQL.

GeoTiffs and Shapefiles are rendered and look fine.  But all data that Mapnik
should draw that should come from PostgreSQL are not visible.
I used a database in Mercator before, all worked fine.

Could that be related to the data being stored in WGS84 instead of Mercator?

How can i fix it, do i need to change something in the SRS that are used for
mapnik?

Or did i miss a command when setting up the new database?  I attached the list
of commands below.

Thanks for any hints,
Torsten.

su postgres
createuser -Upostgres -S -D -R tmohr
createdb -Upostgres  -EUTF8 gis
psql -Upostgres gis
GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA PUBLIC TO tmohr;
\q
createlang plpgsql gis
psql -d gis -f /usr/share/postgresql/contrib/_int.sql

psql -d gis -f /usr/share/postgresql/contrib/postgis.sql

psql -d gis -f /usr/share/postgresql/contrib/spatial_ref_sys.sql

psql -d gis

GRANT ALL on geometry_columns TO tmohr;

GRANT ALL on spatial_ref_sys TO tmohr;

GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA PUBLIC TO tmohr;
\q

osm2pgsql -s -l /local/ftp/osm/planet-100317.osm.bz2