[OSM-talk] www.openaddresses.org BETA launched

Cédric MOULLET cedric.moullet at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 08:44:18 BST 2010

Hi,
It's not Cédric's project, but the project of a community (composed of
individuals, companies and universities) initiated in 2007 ;-) (see press
release:
http://code.google.com/p/openaddresses/wiki/Release_BETA_PressRelease#EN:_OpenAddresses_.org,_a_community_web_site_for_the_management).
But, I still can answer.

First of all, the goal is to synchronize data with OSM, so at the end, we
should find the same data in OA and OSM, but, OA also aims to provide
services (http://code.google.com/p/openaddresses/wiki/RESTService).
OA has also a geocoder in its roadmap, so It would be fantastic to
collaborate with Mike's project.

Hope this gives some valuable information,
Thanks for your interest,
Cédric

--
Welcome to my world: http://www.cedricmoullet.com/