[OSM-talk] Google WMS: is this legal?

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 15:38:08 BST 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 13:04, Tobias Knerr <osm at tobias-knerr.de> wrote:
> To the same effect, he could have written "just ignore the naggers with
> their legalities and trace away". It's only insignificantly more subtle
> the way he phrases it.

Could have should have. Let's not forget the context here. Someone has
written a useful piece of software *in his free time* for *free* which
you and others to use *if you want to*, if not: don't use it.

If he doesn't feel like plastering legal warnings over his webpage
that's really really his business. I don't think anyone's in a
position to feel self-justified in speculations about his intent.

I don't mean to single you out but this sort of outlook is why he's
getting hate E-Mail in the first place.

Let us recall the ancient proverb: Life sucks, get a helmet.