[OSM-talk] OSM composer not open source?

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Sat May 1 08:11:59 BST 2010

Osm composer is designed specifically for Garmin GPS and its MapSource software.
We promote Garmin because its technically the best, and maps can be
easily made for it.
And yes, its non commerial. And thats great!

As soon as there is an Ibuntu product with the same capabilities, and easy GUI.
This OSM composer is the best the comnunity can make so far. It uses
all the tools available. ..... And is Do Not Sell.

Because its a by-product of OSM, just like a MUG is. You are free todo
what you want with OSM data.
As long as it says it came from OSM.

Check openmtbmap for the awesome updates of that map.

A transparent contour overlay is what we want.

Hope that helps,
Sam

On 4/30/10, jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com