[OSM-talk] OSM composer not open source?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat May 1 10:41:07 BST 2010

Mike,

jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com wrote:
> Someone asked me to help translate this tool, and I was shocked to
> find no source code.

What did the author of the tool say when you asked him, before posting here?

> Does OSM have any guidelines about software that is hosted on the
> wiki? Can people just make software under any license and then put it
> on the wiki for free advertising ?

OSM Composer is hosted by the author himself I believe.

In another post you wrote that topo.openstreetmap.org cannot be "freely
mirrored". That is true insofar as that we are likely to ban your IP if
you try to to create such a mirror due to the load on the server, much
as you would be banned if you tried to "mirror" tile.openstreetmap.org.

It has nothing to do with OSM Composer however.

Bye
Frederik