[OSM-talk] Potlatch and Gnash

jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Sun May 9 15:40:47 BST 2010

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Stefan Monnier <monnier at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> I have disabled adobe flash, and done some testing with gnash for the
>> past days.  it turns out the potlach is usable. there are some issues
>> that I have reported here, more to test.
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_FLOSS/PotlatchGnash
>
> Indeed, I just tried it and was able to use it for the first time.
> Other than the mouse-lag (which is unbearable), I noticed two more
> problems:

As I said, the mouse lag is a function of the data loaded, which
should mean it can be optimized.

Thanks for testing.

you want to add them to wiki please? we will use the wiki for staging
bugreports into either gnash or potlatch as
we figure it out. Otherwise, I can do that.

> - typing accents with the compose key doesn't work ("Multi_key ' e"
>  ends up inserting "'e" rather than "é").

I dont know how to do that, but believe you.

> - I had trouble creating a non-road (a building).

That worked, made a square,added building=yes
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/58708097/history

I had trouble deleting the building, need to delete the points, could
now delete the entire selected no via the "del" key.

mike