[OSM-talk] Create custom map from OSM data

Tanveer Singh tanveer1979 at gmail.com
Tue May 11 05:44:49 BST 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 11:31 PM, Martin Simon <grenzdebil at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010/5/10 Tanveer Singh <tanveer1979 at gmail.com>:
>
> > Actually the tracks are not roads, they are just a off road path that I
> did.
> > So no road there. No point adding it to the osm database
> > I just want to convert the area to garmin file with the track added
>
> Simply take josm, draw your track, save it as .osm and launch mkgmap like
> this:
> java -jar mkgmap.jar --gmapsupp main-osm-data.osm your-own-data.osm
>
> mkgmap will then compile both sources into one map containing two map
> tiles.
>
> -Martin

Thanks, this is exactly what I am looking for. Now one question, on the
generated gmapsupp.img, is it possible that the track I create is of
different color or something altogether. For example, lets say there are
other roads in the area, and I follow the offroad track, I should not get
confused with the other roads.