[OSM-talk] New users have to sign up to the ODbL

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Wed May 12 17:50:15 BST 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 16:22, Grant Slater <openstreetmap at firefishy.com> wrote:
> On 12 May 2010 17:18, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 13 May 2010 01:56, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <avarab at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> You can override it by adjusting the Accept-Language settings in your
>>> browser. But how we do language *detection* is a separate from how we
>>> should do content delivery once we've done the detection.
>>
>> That's my point, the language detection may not be 100% accurate, and
>> this should be given special consideration on things like the signup
>> page etc...
>>

> The wording is France-French and Italy-Italian specific.
>
> http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/License/Contributor_Terms/FR
> http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/License/Contributor_Terms/IT

Good to have that on the wiki. Is anyone currently working on the
"informal guidance" version of those terms? It would be nice if there
was a translatable version somewhere (like the /copyright page) so
that users that don't understand English, French or Italian legalese
would get the gist of what the terms mean.

I made an attempt at one on my osm blog[1]. Something short like that
which the LWG can agree on would be nice to have. Then we could funnel
it through Translatewiki and deploy it one the site.

1. http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/%C3%86var%20Arnfj%C3%B6r%C3%B0%20Bjarmason/diary/10647