[OSM-talk] Villain?

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Fri May 14 14:18:28 BST 2010

Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Nakor wrote:
> > I came to the OSM project to help create a better map of the world, not
> > to be insulted. Please remove the page
> > http://matt.dev.openstreetmap.org/dupe_nodes/heroes.html  immediately.
>
> The page is helpful and should not be removed.
>
> To be less offensive, one could replace the phrase "Villains: Users who
> have created the most duplicate nodes, since the count was started.
> Boo!" by "The following users have created the most duplicate nodes
> since the count was started. If you are on this list, something is
> seriously wrong with either your software or your workflow, and you
> should talk to other mappers to help you fix it."

It's not so simple. This changeset:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/4300452 made me a
"villain" when I selectively undid a so-called hero's indiscriminate
joining of highways to boundaries, power lines, and pipelines:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/4175719 . Of course it
was useless, since another "hero" later came along and screwed it up
again: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/4385668

(Apparently I'm now a "hero" - maybe I should do another unjoining so
I can be on both lists.)