[OSM-talk] Villain?

Nakor nakor.osm at gmail.com
Fri May 14 18:09:24 BST 2010

> Did you download all existing data in that area and run the validator
> before uploading your data? This should have told you with a red "No
> entry" sign in it's report that you were about to upload duplicate nodes.
> Claudius

Most of the time I use the feature to download around my GPS tracks and
expect it to download everything.

The thing is unfortunately the validator gives a lot of false positives
(at least here in the US) and if you blindly merge all nodes you end up
stiching together a bridge and the road/river/train track going
underneath to name a few. This is due to the way the data imports coming
from TIGER use nodes at the same position for a lot of different things.
I have effectively being fixing some of those blind merges, as part of
other edits, and I do not see why I should be called a villain for this
where I actually FIXED data.

Thanks,

N.