[OSM-talk] How can we spread the tribal knowledge?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue May 18 21:12:34 BST 2010

On 18/05/10 21:07, Roy Wallace wrote:
> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 6:49 PM, Tom Hughes<tom at compton.nu>  wrote:
>>
>> Before you all get too carried away with this "extra tab" idea of Ævar's
>> I would just like to point out what I've said before about adding more
>> tabs, namely that we already have too many and that any attempt add more
>> without doing something about the layout is going to have a hard time
>> getting merged.
>
> Easy fix: Remove the "GPS Traces" and "User Diaries" tabs and add
> links to these near "Help&  Wiki" in the left column.

Yes, because we never get any complaints about things in the left column
being pushed too far down the page so adding more things there won't be
a problem at all.

Those other links on the left would quite likely move to the landing
page anyway, so wouldn't be there to be added to ;-)

> This would add length to the left column, but remember that the blurb
> under the logo would no longer be needed - this would be moved to the
> landing tab.

Removing the blurb certainly helps, though that only appears when you
aren't logged in anyway.

> I like it.

I don't. We need to be radical, not just fiddle with the details.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/