[OSM-talk] Historical Mapping Examples?

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Wed May 19 13:21:52 BST 2010

Hi Kate,

I prefer some of the less obvious examples;

Peter's Piece Plantation [1] is mentioned in the book "Notes on the
chase of the wild red deer in the counties of Devon and Somerset :
with an appendix descriptive of remarkable runs and incidents
connected with the chase from the year 1780 to the year 1860" [2] Such
an example, I think, really goes against the whole online maps "wiping
out history" [3] claim.

On a slightly different note, we use OSM to display the location of
(most) the archaeological sites we've worked on [4] and our offices
[5].

I'd be really interested to see any OSM tweets / results that come out
of THATCamp.

Cheers, Joseph

[1] http://osm.org/go/euLBE0_n--
[2] http://www.archive.org/stream/notesonchaseofwi00coll/notesonchaseofwi00coll_djvu.txt