[OSM-talk] scuba dive sites

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Sat May 22 10:30:42 BST 2010

Joe Richards wrote:
> On searching, I have seen several pages and proposals in the wiki for
> scuba diving sites and for dive shops.  I am currently tagging up the
> island of Utila, Honduras, which is well known for its diving.  What
> can I use as a basic tag type for these two things (a dive location
> and a dive shop which sells courses, provides equipment etc)?

There's a proposal in the wiki about diving:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/scuba_diving

I'd try these tags for a few sites to see how they work. I don't think
this stuff will render on the main Mapnik map yet. The suggestion on the
wiki is to render it on OpenSeaMap.

You could also produce a custom map for the island, rendering what you
choose to include.

Cheers, Chris