[OSM-talk] osmosis question

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Mon May 24 14:04:09 BST 2010

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Gary68 <gary at gary68.de> wrote:

> command:
> ~/osmosis/osmosis-0.30/bin/osmosis --read-xml-0.6
> file="osmdata/hessen.osm" --way-key-value
> keyValueList="highway.motorway" --write-xml-0.6 file="bab.osm"
>
> error:
> May 24, 2010 8:43:02 AM com.bretth.osmosis.core.Osmosis main
> SEVERE: Execution aborted.
> com.bretth.osmosis.core.OsmosisRuntimeException: Task 2-way-key-value
> does not support data provided by default pipe stored at level 1 in the
> default pipe stack.

Hi Gary,

The error is indicating that the way key value task can't accept the input
provided by the previous task.  That could be because you're trying to feed
a 0.6 task into a 0.5 task.  However as Frederik has pointed out, I'd
recommend upgrading to the latest Osmosis.  0.30 was created during the
transition from 0.5 to 0.6 and there may have been some incorrectly mapped
tasks at that time.

Brett