[OSM-talk] On the ground rule on the wiki

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Sat May 29 23:56:20 BST 2010

It should maybe be referenced when teaching how/what to map.

On a lighter side...
Just a few hours ago I was retelling a story where I found a road name spray
painted on the ground about 3 car-lengths before the end of a road, and
taking up the whole width of it.
http://www.livingwithdragons.com/2008/07/sotm-mapping
<http://www.livingwithdragons.com/2008/07/sotm-mapping>It was so short that
it didn't even show up on the highest zoom, but it's since been removed by
another mapper (maybe the spray paint faded).

On 29 May 2010 23:46, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Right now, the only mention of the "on the ground" rule on the wiki is
> here: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Disputes#On_the_Ground_Rule
> Should a separate page be created about how it applies more generally?

Gregory
osm at livingwithdragons.com
http://www.livingwithdragons.com