[OSM-talk] highway=ford vs ford=yes

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Mon Nov 1 01:17:54 GMT 2010

On 31/10/2010 13:46, Gorm E. Johnsen wrote:
> I propose to replace highway=ford with ford=yes (or perhaps
> barrier=ford?) on nodes as well, simply to de-clutter the highway tag
> and to be more consistent.
Please don't change things unless you've actually been there and
surveyed the item in question.  You can't possibly know that your
changes better reflect the sense of the reality unless you have (or have
contacted the original mapper in question to ask them).

As it says on
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_Edits/Code_of_Conduct ,
"Always remember that local knowledge beats a couch potato from central
command any time!".