[OSM-talk] New: A black&white base layer

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Tue Nov 2 22:04:17 GMT 2010

Hi Kay,

I like the idea of a more subdued style for use as backdrop maps. I think this one still has too much contrast for that purpose.

I propose something along the lines of http://maps.cloudmade.com/?lat=52.371826&lng=4.928055&zoom=12&styleId=26171&opened_tab=0

May I take this opportunity to plug the Cloudmade style editor - it's an awesome tool for when you want to play around with cartography. It is somewhat limited - I haven't found a way to color the labels differently, for example - but that is its strength as well in a way.

Best,

Martijn van Exel +++ m at rtijn.org
Laziness – Impatience – Hubris

http://schaaltreinen.nl | http://martijnvanexel.nl | http://oegeo.wordpress.com/