[OSM-talk] Boundaries in Brazil

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Sat Nov 6 15:45:18 GMT 2010

I noticed that Brazil has a lot of double boundaries. You can see them on the
map, for instance the north-east point of Brazil (but it's everywhere).

Looking at the data, both boundaries are source=IBGE, but there is an older,
mostly more detailed border with created_by=gml2osm which is not used in
relations and a newer, less detailed one that is used in relations.

I don't know what happened here, but is there something which can be done by a
bot here, or is the older one to be deleted or should that one be used to make
the border relations?

Maarten