[OSM-talk] Historical Data in OSM database

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 14:08:43 GMT 2010

As I mentioned elsewhere in another mailing list, you'd also have
problems with plate tectonics. For example, the big earthquake this
year in Chile displaced parts of that country by several feet. How do
you represent the current location of objects with past data? Someone
suggested to place historical object where they would be now but that
ignores the fact that relative distances change with time and you
cannot therefore model relative positions of past objects accurately.

http://vaes9.codedgraphic.com