[OSM-talk] license change map

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 17:24:55 GMT 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Fabian Schmidt
<fschmidt at informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:

> As the license thermometer[1] turns greener I was interested in how far this
> already effects the map data. So using the planet history I took a closer
> look on the ways.
>
> So far 3700 mappers agreed to the new license. Out of 68 million ways 46%
> are created and edited only by people who did accept the ODBL
> 42% were not  edited by a proponent of ODBL,

I don't know if your intentions are to be neutral or not, but this is
not a neutral statement.

What you can say is that 46% are created/edited by people who accepted
the new Contributor Terms, and 42% haven't.

But there's no button which says "I affirm that I do not agree to the
new CT"- rather there's just not having clicked the button.

This is very significant, as you'll find many contributions are made
by people who don't log in often, and many people haven't agreed to
the new CT because there's no requirement to, etc.

In other words, we don't know why someone doesn't agree to the new CT.

Please, use neutral language when discussing the CT.

Thanks,

- Serge