[OSM-talk] News from Taginfo

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Sun Nov 14 15:12:58 GMT 2010

I have been working on Taginfo in the last weeks and adding improvements
step by step:

* There were some problems with special characters in keys and values, they
  should be all gone now.
* Web pages are cached now, so they should be faster
* Design and layout of the web site has been made slightly prettier.
* The keys list now also shows whether a key has a wiki page and whether
  it appears in the JOSM config. The prevalent values list was improved.
* A bar chart was added to the list of values on the key pages.

Today I am putting the reports section online:

    http://taginfo.openstreetmap.de/reports

Here you can find different views of the data that help understand what we
have and where improvements are possible. There is a report for instance that
shows popular keys without corresponding wiki page. Have fun exploring the
reports.

Jochen