[OSM-talk] New site about the license change

Ed Avis eda at waniasset.com
Tue Nov 16 08:59:33 GMT 2010

john whelan <jwhelan0112 <at> gmail.com> writes:

>I've been a little selective in quoting your message but I think you have
>correctly identified the split.  Germany and the UK with high mapper density
>are probably for the new license and dumping the older data

I think it's unwise to assume that.  I can't speak for Germany but the UK mappers
(in London at the south-east at least) have both people in favour of the ODbL and
those in favour of staying with Creative Commons.  Then there are those who don't
much mind one way or the other but want the proposed contributor terms and
Ordnance Survey data to be sorted out (see endless threads on this list and
legal-talk).

--
Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com>