[OSM-talk] tracking deletions

Matt Amos zerebubuth at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 00:40:59 GMT 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Emilie Laffray
<emilie.laffray at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16 November 2010 09:00, Mikel Maron <mikel_maron at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> Is there an easy way to track deletions only in a particular area?
>> I've noticed a couple features missing in Kibera, and paging through
>> changesets for a while didn't turn up anything.
>> Looking at ItoMapper, deleted features aren't being visualized.
>> Any ideas?
>
> OWL has some functionality to track history. That's how I tracked some
> deletion in my area (Thanks Matt).

thanks for the plug, emily. ;-)

mikel, if you want to track changes occurring in Kibera, including
deletions, here's an RSS feed of the changesets in that approximate
area:

http://matt.dev.openstreetmap.org/owl_viewer/feed/2541202888-2541202879.rss

if you prefer to inspect the data, you can see the most recent changes here:

http://matt.dev.openstreetmap.org/owl_viewer/weeklymap?zoom=16&lon=36.78725&lat=-1.31272&layers=BT

or changes since OWL started running here:

http://matt.dev.openstreetmap.org/owl_viewer/map?zoom=16&lon=36.78725&lat=-1.31272&layers=BT

hope that's helpful,

matt