[OSM-talk] Something wrong with planet file? Or osmosis?

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 04:31:58 GMT 2010

I think you are seeing the problem with java's built in bzip2 library. It
doesn't support all bzip2 features. Try unzipping the planet file using an
external program and piping it into osmosis. Like this (assuming you are on
linux):
bunzip2 planet.bz2 | osmosis --rx /dev/stdin [...]

There is a small note about this on the bottom of the osmosis wiki page but
it should probably be a little more prominent somewhere...

Toby