[OSM-talk] Relations without members: Lists and wikipage

Werner Hoch werner.ho at gmx.de
Sun Nov 28 11:34:38 GMT 2010

Hi there,

in the latest planet there are 768632 relations.
25094 of them don't have any relation member.
That means more than 3% of all relations are affected.

I've created a wikipage about empty relations:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Empty_relations
I wrote down my guesses why the empty relations
exist and how they can be fixed or cleaned up.

I've created a list of all empty relations and a statistic
about the users who have created them (last editor):
http://www.h-renrew.de/h/osm/osmchecks/02_Relationstypen/empty_relations.html

I'm going to contact the users that have created lots of empty relations.
I'd like to find out more about the reasons and ask if the relations can
be wiped out or if they are still needed.

Comments and improvements of the wikipage are welcome.

Any help in cleaning up those relations would be great.

Regards
Werner (werner2101)