[OSM-talk] NOTICE: Tile Servers is very slow

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Mon Oct 4 22:22:34 BST 2010

Talk,

The OpenStreetMap map tile server (mapnik layer) will be very slow for
the next 24 hours. [1]

Edits to the map will only show up in a few days time for these tiles,
but not to worry there are other "minutely" OSM tile providers
available to view your edits.

To name a few:
 - http://open.mapquest.co.uk/
 - http://www.opencyclemap.org/
 - http://www.openstreetmap.nl/ (Netherlands only)
Also see: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/List_of_OSM_based_Services

Alternatively on www.openstreetmap.org click the blue "+" top right of
the map and choose one of the other layers.

1: Technical Reason: We've upgrading from a 600GB disk array to a
1200GB disks array, but during the transition we've had to move to
some slower disks. Preformance is slower than expected.

Regards
 Grant
 Part of the OSM sysadmin team.